Friday, November 6, 2009

Is Israel too strong for Barack Obama?

Below is my response to an article titled above, as appeared on The Economist dated November 5th 2009.

It is very interesting to note that,Americans still think they can act as unbiased arbitrators. The lopsidedness of lobby towards the state of Israel is glaring. Also, as I pointed out in my recently published book, Barack Obama never made secret his love for the state of Israel, the Jews and his readiness to prevent " a theological Islamic " state of Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.
Evidently, most elected politicians are pro- Israel and by extension, anti- Palestine state. It does not make for much, expecting the birth of a baby elephant by a rat ( African Proverb).
To ask for a one state solution, does not seem to me like a new thing. A number of Arab leaders had suggested this long time. A notable personality is Muammar Gaddafi of Libya.

I don't know how that would work. But something inside of me, tells me the Israelis would not like that idea. The suffering of the Palestinians is a concern of every peace loving human.If Israel fails to seize this opportunity to be the architects of peace, they may eventually regret the onslaught of the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment