Thursday, January 28, 2010

The day after- STOU

When I wrote the state of the union address yesterday, attempting to look into the President's speech I missed out on a few surprising points.

Before I dwell on my few missing notes, let me applaud the President for attempting to stay the course on his campaign promises. His state of the union address was more to his attempts to fix the rot in the health care system, as it was about his deal with Americans on a new way of doing business in Washington- Change we can believe in.

Now, I really missed out on his Tax cuts -Oops may be I am a card carrying member of the Republican party( which I am not), as these members of that side of the aisle failed to applaud the President for a cause they advocate. It appears to be the case of the more you look, the less the "Change" you notice. These bunch of "Old angry..you know what" don't care for the President's success and by extension that of the country. Even if that means for the next few years before the next general elections they stall any forms of progress.

This brings me to another point I missed out in my discussion yesterday, the President to me seems to be the only one in capitol hill that still hopes and expects bi-partisanship during his presidency. The writing is on the wall Mr. President, these guys don't want you to succeed, never wished for your progress and probably never will.

As to health care, is it not obvious that the wheeling dealing nature of securing just ONE vote ( that of a democrat for crying out loud) in the Senate to pass the now toxic bill, probably contributed more than anything else to the loss of the Massachusetts seat? May be that is loss on the President and his advisers- Change we can believe in, is not wheeling dealing business as usual period.

Do you need my advise Mr. President sir? Listen to Nancy Pelosi and her supporters, listen to the people who voted you into the office, who are asking for a health care bill without any new taxes. Pay attention to the noise made by the cantankerous opposition, hear that which they refuse to voice- you were elected by a majority who wanted change. Those who still largely support your claim to change, but doubt your approach. Just my two cents Mr. President.

No comments:

Post a Comment